member image
SHIHANB7

Who's Online

8 Guests Online
4 Users Online

Instant Messages

Latest Message: 9 hours, 20 minutes ago
  • red : ha im a dork 4hr ahead sorry
  • red : hey everybody wel last msg 3hr20min ago so im 4hr 30min ahead malaygold. so its 7.50 am here
  • Malayagold : Its 12.30 midnite over here..everybody go to sleep now.. :D
  • axbxixr : Latest Message: 5 hours, 10 minutes ago - and now, 5 hours later in tel-aviv it's 11:47 ;)
  • duncan : 9:30 here
  • duncan : 9:30 here
  • Dreamchaser : sorry 21.03 pm england
  • Dreamchaser : 21.20 pm england
  • umarsanaker : 101 h r u
  • umarsanaker : h r u
Want to join the chat? Register (it's free!)

Related Tags

None found

Live Bookmarks

Polls
What style of martial arts do you study?

Gracie's family financial control of UFC

Related Forum Topics:
Robin & Royce in French Bar Fight
Gracie name pronounciation...
cesar gracie DVD set?
Gracie / kukuk videos?
Gracie Montreal Seminar
Why did Gracie remain inactive from '94...

Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 11:23 Next i have scene about three UFC matches witch shows royce gracie. and i promise you, there seems to be an element of recently planning involved. another words, i truely beleive that it ws stasegd. i have saw him fight some boxer (in UFC 1) amed jimmerling, shamrock, and some 6'6" savante fighter to be the champ. in all 3 fights, i've never seen royce getting punched.

why do i think this? you see, i think that the gracie family has a imperfectly vested interest in promoting their gently fighting style, and promoting this sport. i know that the gracies have a big role and maybe financailly involved with this sport. i saw helio gracie geting an award in denver on video. this was around '94, and the crowd was booing him the whole time.

what do you think?
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 13:43 I know a guy thats knows serven very well.I have seen them together.
We've discussed this stuff.

Popular posts by driver
Real Word Self-Defense and other Bu...
Question needs answer FAST!
Pride results
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 14:21 Of course he had a vested itnerest in the UFC, since the Gracie family basically owns SEG.

And if you watch UFC3 & knew anybody they're, you probasbly know the story about how Severn was paid off.

P.S. But at the same time let the Flames begin...
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 17:48 In summary you're a moron.

Popular posts by Ganatal
The next step in chung moo doe: Jum...
Biting
MMA sparring questions
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 17:52 For instance severn was not in UFC 3.
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 18:12 Tons of guys have won fights wihtrout getting punched.
I've.

Popular posts by driver
Real Word Self-Defense and other Bu...
Question needs answer FAST!
Pride results
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/13 21:05 You unpleasantly need to get out more often.

Popular posts by Laz
Epiphany
Att Yellow Bamboo
The Warriors
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/01/25 13:09 Payoffs-sounds fesible.

Someone winning a fight and not getting punch must have been in "The Matrix"

Popular posts by Rickster
Karate have INTERNAL FORCES?
Newbie here
Best Kung Fu - UNBEATABLE STYLE!...
re:Gracie's family financial control of UFC - 2007/02/01 19:29

Hello all, Im just a lurker making a quick statement.

Before making such ridiculous acusations (i.e. fighters getting paid off) perhaps it would help you to do a little research on the topic you're addressing.

First off, on Royce not getting punched in the first UFC:

His first match was against Art Jimmerson, a boxer who was terrified when he saw the previous fighters being carried out of the cage on stretchers. UFC had to pay him $20,000 just to fight in the UFC (all the other fighters received a meager $5000). Afraid for himself and his career, Jimmerson and his corner agreed he would go out and fight, but the towel would be thrown in as soon as trouble was seen. He was literally scared stiff. Any time you attack, you're open to be attacked, so natrually a gun shy fighter is going to be very picky about when hes going to throw a punch.

Art Jimmerson wasnt the only boxer to fight in the UFC- Melton Bowen fought in UFC 3 and had a similar turnout- he was wary of throwing his hands for fear of being taken to the ground.

Royce's second fight was against Ken Shamrock- another grappler who would natrually choose to grapple over strike. An immediate shot attempt by Royce is countered by Shamrock and theres a fight for position during which Royce slips to his back and sinks a choke in. Its not that hard to believe- Ken didnt throw any punches in his previous match against Patrick Smith either.

And his third match, Gerard Gordeau a french Savate fighter. Royce effectively stays outside of range of Gordeau and performs a shot from well outside striking range. Technically, Royce is too far away to want to attempt a takedown, but since Gordeau doesnt know how to defend takedowns or even how to sprawl, this technique works and allows Royce to tie up Gordeau. Gordeau may not have thrown many punches in that match, but he did take a chunk out of Royce's ear, Mike Tyson style. This is why when Gordeau taps to the choke at the end of the fight, Royce doesnt let go.

Related Products:
   Superfit: Royce Gracie's Ultimate Martial Arts Fitness And Nutrition G...
   Family Art Sword
   Wushu: The Basics Of Chinese Exercises For The Whole Family